These 5 features of Phonak Slim might give your clients more confidence wearing hearing aids and increase hearing aid adoption.
Phonak Slim combines a modern, never-before-seen design with state-of-the-art hearing performance. Here are 5 key features of this addition to the Lumity family of hearing aids.
1. A new ergonomic design
Research published in the International Journal of Audiology confirms the appearance of traditional hearing aids is one of the reasons for low hearing aid adoption.1
Phonak Slim redefines those perceptions as it is designed with the lifestyle and comfort of the modern hearing aid user in mind. It is the world’s first uniquely shaped left and right hearing aid oriented to follow the natural contour of the head and comes with four different two-tone color choices.
A study showed that 60% of people say that Phonak Slim would make them feel more confident wearing hearing aids.2
2. Speech understanding improvements
Many people with hearing loss find it challenging to understand speech clearly when there is distracting background noise, distance issues or even listening to someone who is soft-spoken.
Phonak Slim features Phonak SmartSpeech™ Technology which is a collection of features that AutoSense OS™ 5.0 seamlessly adapts. Each feature is proven to provide either improved speech understanding or reduced listening effort in many listening environments.3-7
And it has been shown from scientific literature, that reduced listening effort can free up cognitive resources8 and reduce feelings of fatigue.9
3. An operating system that detects streamed media
As streamed media becomes more prevalent in our day-to-day lives, our operating system AutoSense OS™ 5.0 is able to distinguish streamed music from streamed speech and automatically adjusts settings to optimize the listening experience.
4. An app that personalizes connectivity
The myPhonak app directly connects to Phonak Slim so your clients can track their activities (e.g., count steps), personalize their hearing experience (e.g, adjust program settings) and easily take control of their hearing aids (e.g., remote control).
Did you know?
With Phonak Slim, your clients can stay comfortably connected to a multitude of Bluetooth® enabled devices. Hearing care professionals rate Phonak as #1 for connectivity solutions.10
5. A compact, sleek charger
Extensive thought went into the design of the new Phonak Slim Charger Case, which features magnets in the charging sockets to securely hold the hearing aids in place while they charge. In just three hours, a full day’s use is ready.*
Collectively, the Phonak Slim is more than just a hearing aid; it combines uncompromised hearing performance in a new ergonomic design that could make your clients more confident wearing hearing aids.
To learn more about Phonak Slim, we invite you to our product pages.
*16 hours of battery on a single charge, including 8 hours of everyday listening, 4 hours of Bluetooth streaming and 4 hours of TV streaming. Battery life may be minimally reduced when using ActiveVent Receiver.
1. Crystal Rolfe & Benjamin Gardner (2016). Experiences of hearing loss and views towards interventions to promote uptake of rehabilitation support among UK adults, International Journal of Audiology, 55:11, 666-673.
2. Taphuntsang, D. (2021). Market research ID 4428. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in further information.
3. Appleton, J. (2020) AutoSense OS 4.0- significantly less listening effort and preferred for speech intelligibility. Phonak Field Study News. Retrieved from www.phonak.com/evidence.
4. Woodward, J. and Latzel, M (2022) New implementation of directional beamforming configurations show improved speech understanding and reduced listening effort. Phonak Field Study News. Retrieved from .
5. Latzel, M & Hobi, S (2022) ActiveVent™ Receiver provides benefit of open and closed acoustics for better speech understanding in noise and naturalness of own voice perception. Phonak Field Study News. Retrieved from www.phonak.com/evidence.
6. Thibodeau L. M. (2020) Benefits in Speech Recognition in Noise with Remote Wireless Microphones in Group Settings. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 31(6), 404–411.
7. Latzel, M., Lesimple, C., & Woodward, J. (2023). Speech Enhancer significantly reduces listening effort and increases intelligibility for speech from a distance. Phonak Field Study News. Retrieved from www.phonak.com/evidence.
8. Sarant, J., Harris, D., Busby, P., Maruff, P., Schembri, A., Lemke, U., & Launer, S. (2020). The effect of hearing aid use on cognition in older adults: Can we delay decline or even improve cognitive function? Journal of Clinical Medicine, 9(1), 254. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9010254
9. Pichora-Fuller, M.K., & Singh, G. (2006). Effects of Age on Auditory and Cognitive Processing: Implications for Hearing Aid Fitting and Audiologic Rehabilitation. Trends in Amplification, 10(1), 29–59. https://doi.org/10.1177/108471380601000103.
10 Knorr, H. (2022). Market Research ID 4543. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in further information.