Websites are often the first point of contact for potential customers. Use this checklist to ensure your website is connecting with your audience and making a great first impression.
Did you know up to 80% of consumers research a business online before visiting in person or making a purchase?1
Having an engaging website is a key component of today’s modern marketing strategy. It is important to create a user-friendly layout that is optimized for search engines and is mobile friendly to create a great first impression.
- Is the design modern with high-quality visuals that represents your professional brand?
- Is your content original and current?
- Is your business name, address and phone number accurate and consistent across your entire digital presence?
- Is your About Us page up to date and include headshots of your team?
- Does the website navigation work correctly and is it user-friendly?
- Is your website content displaying properly on mobile?
- Do you feature calls to action on your website?
- Do all your calls to action (contact forms, phone numbers etc.) still accurate and work properly?
- Do you have a review collection process and are you featuring current patient reviews? 95% of consumers trust online reviews.2
- Have you checked your ranking and reviewed your SEO plan to increase your chances of being found? Without it, your competitors will rank higher than you in the search engines.
Key information to include on your website
- Description of your brand, your value and the products and services your offer.
- Contact page to easily get in touch with your practice.
- Testimonials and reviews to help build trust and credibility.
- SSL Certificate* confirms that user data is protected and that your site is legitimate.
- ADA/WCAG Compliant** to provide an inclusive experience for all users regardless of any disabilities.
Your website works for you 24/7. Perform an annual review to ensure it is connecting with your audience.
If your website is not ranking in the top position and generating phone calls and form fills, it may indicate something could be wrong. It is time to seek professional help.
* An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates a website’s identity and enables an encrypted connection. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a security protocol that creates an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser.
** ADA compliance is short for Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design. This means your website must be accessible to those with disabilities. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 defines how to make Web content more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Study: 81% research online before making big purchases. (Nov 07, 2023). Chain Store Age. Retrieved from https://www.chainstoreage.com/news/study-81-research-online-making-big-purchases/
- Comstock, J. (October, 02, 2018). MobiHealthNews. 95% of Americans find online doctor reviews reliable. Retrieved from https://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/95-americans-find-online-doctor-reviews-reliable-survey-suggests/